Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Health and Fitness Icon:


RACHAEL RAY


At first, I was very sketchy about having another cook on air, showing her new recipes and tips, but then I started to watch this show and have become extremely in LOVE with it.

I'm usually in class, when the Rachael Ray Show airs on NBC at 3:00 p.m., but I make sure to tape it. Taping it also gives me a good excuse to actually try what she makes.


What's great about Rachael is that she makes easy 30 minute meals that are great for working parents or even struggling teen cooks and trust me, her meals really are creative and yummy.


She also has a fun vocabulary of words that viewers (including myself) have been accustomed too. My favorite word that she says, is "delish". I say that all the time now when eating. Some people really do not like her "witty language" and consider it to be very unprofessional. She had no professional training, however I believe that for some individuals, their gift comes naturally and they do not need to go to a professional cooking or baking school to allow them to teach the world how to cook. She uses a type of attitude that makes it fun to watch her. She is not boring when she talks, it actually feels like she is talking to you individually as a friend, not a teacher.


Her show just doesn't involve cooking, it focuses on the entire health of a person, with topics that include beauty and fitness tips as well. NOTE: All of her recipes are not "calorie free" or healthy, but some are low in fat or calories (and she does tell you which recipes are healthier for you).


She usually opens the show with what she's going to make or news about upcomming shows and then finally, either a celebrity taster OR a health/fitness expert shows the audience what might be the lastest trend in fashion or what a new machine or workout routine is.


For those of you despising Rachael (which I really don't know why anyone would hate some one who cooked good food) BUT here is her "haters" page. I'm sure there are many more because people have nothing better to do than waste their time, however, check it out. It's really funny what they try to say about her.


And seriously, try at least ONE of her recipes. It's easy and really enjoyable.





- Christina

No comments: